Concrete Floor Polishing Contractors
If you are searching for “Polished Concrete Floors“, “Polished Concrete Floor Contractors“,”Concrete Polishing“, “Concrete Floor Polishing Contractors“, “Concrete Grind & Polish“, “Concrete Diamond Grinding Contracting Company“, “Concrete Floor Grinding Contractors“, or in Phoenix, Desert Floor Coatings can help! Desert Floor Coatings specializes in residential and commercial concrete floor polishing and offers installation in Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale or anywhere else in the Phoenix Valley.
Concrete Floor Polishing Services Phoenix Valleywide
Desert Coatings does all types of polished concrete floors including: exposed aggregate grind and polish, concrete coloring and polished concrete, concrete floor grind and seals, polishing of gray concrete floors and integral colored concrete floors, grinding of unlevel concrete floors and grinding of battered concrete floors for forklift traffic movement. Although this is a highly industrial concrete floor system, it has become extremely popular to polish concrete in homes and has become a viable option for your garage floor.
We have over 10 polishing machines as well as other types of concrete floor cleaning equipment. Each concrete polishing machine has the capability of completing 2500 to 3000 square feet of concrete polishing per step per hour.
To give you a breakdown of our capacity: On 10,000 square feet of level concrete floor that requires no concrete grinding, we could complete 5 passes (3000 grit) of polished concrete with 1 machine in approximately 20 hours. We give a 2 year warranty on your polished concrete floor.
Concrete Floor Grinding & Polishing For Residential, Commercial and Industrial
Endurosil’s Concrete Floor Polishing System is a new concrete polishing system that utilizes the correct combination of equipment, chemicals and tooling which gives the building owner complete quality control over their own concrete floor. Endurosil refines the concrete slab utilizing colloidal silica, a cutting chemical and a RA Meter to guarantee results. If the concrete slab does not pass specific numbers on the RA meter; the flooring installer doesn’t continue to the next step. It is a simple process that will guaranteed results.
This concrete floor polishing system works perfect for Warehouses, Manufacturing Plants, Processing Plants, Fire Stations, Distribution Facilities, Airplane Hangars, Parking Structures as well as retail situations and various showrooms.
- Level 1 Concrete Grinding: (Optional) If the concrete floor is excessively worn and in need of some extreme leveling or the customer wants a fully exposed aggregate floor. The process includes grinding the concrete with a 6 grit metal bond, then a 16 grit metal bond, then a 30 grit metal bond diamond and then a 60 grit metal bond diamond.
- Level 2 Concrete Grinding: (Optional) If the floor has only minor imperfections, in need of minor leveling or the customer wants a salt and pepper exposed aggregate floor. This step includes grinding concrete with 30 grit metal bond diamond and then a 60 grit metal bond diamond.
- Patching & Grouting: (Optional) Our state-of-the-art floor patching and micro pore grouting system.
- Hone Step: Hone Concrete with the H1 Metal Bond. The RA Meter Reading must 150 or lower.
- Concrete Polishing Step 1: Polish the Concrete with our Step 1 diamond and Endurosil Cutting Agent at a rate of 500 sq feet per gallon.
- Concrete Polishing Step 2: Polish the Concrete with our Step 2 diamond and Endurosil Cutting Agent at a rate of 500 sq feet per gallon. The RA Meter Reading must 50 or lower.
- Chemical Application Step 1: Install XL Concrete Hardener at a rate of 500 sq feet per gallon.
- Concrete Polishing Step 3: Polishing Step 3 Dry.
- Enduro Dye: (Optional) If color is desired, Install Enduro Dye.
- Enduro Guard: Install Enduro Guard at a rate of 2000 to 3000 sq feet per gallon.
- Burnishing: Burnish with the Endurosil Burnishing Pad by utilizing a propane burnisher with revolutions of at least 2000 RPM’s. RA Meter Reading should be approaching 0. A RA Meter reading of 10 is an acceptable finish.
Polished Concrete Floors Pros & Cons
Read about the pros and cons of polished concrete flooring below.
Concrete Flooring Pros
- Durability – Polished concrete floors are extremely durable and able withstand even the heaviest equipment like forklifts, stacked crates, trucks, cars and more. This is why polished concrete is great for working in commercial and industrial spaces like warehouses. Because it is so strong it also makes it difficult to become damaged. Pet claws, dropped items, furniture, high heels won’t leave a scratch.
- Lasts Many Years – According to Wikipedia, ” a polished concrete floor that has been properly maintained may give 100+ years of service.”
- Easily Maintained – Keeping your polished concrete floors looking great only require a little maintenance. However, you will eventually need to reseal the concrete every 3-5 years or when floors start looking dull.
- Affordable – You can get polished concrete flooring for as little as $2 per sq ft. The price is even more cost effective if you have a concrete slab that’s ready for polishing already.
- Many Design Options – You have an endless variety of texture and color options with polished concrete. Choose you own staining agent for a custom look.
- Waterproof – Properly polished and sealed concrete flooring can be resistant to water and other fluids. Protective waterproof barriers prevent fluid reaching the concrete.
- NO Harmful VOCs – Polished concrete doesn’t contain VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) like synthetic carpet, vinyl carpet and hardwood floors do.
Concrete Flooring Cons
- No Cushion – The surface of any concrete floor is usually hard without any cushion. This will make it somewhat uncomfortable to stand for long periods of time.
- Doesn’t Retain Heat – Another con of concrete flooring is that it doesn’t retain heat. However, in Phoenix, Arizona, that can actually be a good thing due to so much heat during the summer.
- Sound – Polished concrete flooring can be loud to walk on like natural stone and ceramic tile flooring does.
- Moisture Penetration – Concrete can be susceptible to moisture if not sealed properly on the top and bottom surfaces. We strongly advice picking a professional polished flooring contractor to avoid this.
How Much Does Concrete Floor Polishing Cost?
According to the Concrete Network:
- Basic Concrete Floor Polishing: $2-$6 per square ft
- Mid-Range Concrete Floor Polishing: $7-$14 per square ft
- High-End Concrete Floor Polishing: $15-$30 per square ft
Benefits Of Polished Concrete Flooring
- Stronger & harder than other types of floor finishing
- Does not flake, peal or lift
- Surface is dense to prevent absorption of contaminants and oil
- Great for resisting tire marks due to forklifts and other traffic
- No vapor / hydrostatic pressure issues
- Levels out your flooring
- Lower initial installation cost than other flooring coatings
- Low maintenance means less money out of pocket
- Can choose many different colors