If you are searching for the “benefits of epoxy flooring” or “what is epoxy flooring“, this post should help! Epoxy flooring is a great alternative flooring option for commercial/industrial facility owners and offers many benefits over other types of flooring systems. Read more about what epoxy flooring is and it’s many benefits below.
What Is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy is a resin material that is, most often, applied to concrete floors in commercial/industrial facilities and garage floors in homes. Epoxy flooring is flooring that has an epoxy coating applied to it. Epoxy coatings can be used on industrial floors, commercial floors and even residential garage floors. Epoxy floor coatings work best for manufacturing plants, airports, medical facilities, pharmaceutical buildings, laboratories, food and beverage plants, warehouses and more.
Epoxy Flooring Benefits
The benefits of epoxy flooring include:
- Highly durable
- Chemical breakdown prevention
- Easy & quick to install
- Easier to clean and low maintenance
- Decorative style & color choices
- Resistant to slippage
- Resistant to temperature
- Impact resistant
- High gloss options increase lighting
- Reduce wear on forklifts
- Lower carbon footprint
- Can last many years of use
- Different pattern choices
- Can be applied over old or new concrete floor
- Can withstand heavy traffic
- Great for industrial facility flooring